Wednesday 16 November 2011

Research - Strangers Video Reflection

Now my group of five have finished the editing, I have reliased it was a very beneficial experience. Now that we have a completed film, I feel I have learnt a lot from this experience and will take what I have learnt into account when it comes to filming my final music video. Below are lists of what I think we did well and also what we could have done better.

Positives:
- Lip Syncing was in time. We feel that we did a good job of fitting the live lip syncing with the studio audio.
- We used a variety of shot e.g. mid-shots from Ned and me, high angle shots from Graham.
- Framing of some of the shots was very good e.g. The singer was in the middle of the frame for Ned's mid shots.
- Considering we had some issues with the video renderring, I feel the fades were used were good.
- We alternated well between the shots i.e we didn't stay on one shot for too long.
- The shots that we planned worked well.





Improvements:
- We could have planned for the shots to change at certain times in the song. This was part of the planning that we did not really consider.
- We did not plan if we were going to use a dolly in certain places. This can be seen in some of Ned's footage as because we did not arrange to use another dolly, his camera shook at times.
- We could have thought more aobut the lighting. This is an important factor that could have potentially disruptive.
- Seen as we only had one run through of which we could film it, we didn't always vary our choice of shots, although we were happy with the majoirty of the footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment