Friday 11 November 2011

Planning - Scenes

Before making the decision as to what scenes we wanted to include in our video, we decided to look at the lyrics of the song 'Crazy Love' and to see how this might influence our ideas for scenes to include.  We had made the decision that our music video was going to be a mixture between performance and narrative. As a result, while we did annotate some lines with ideas for narrative, some lines will just include performance of the solo singer, in a similar way to Michael Buble videos. Below are the lyrics for the song with our ideas for possible scenes for those lines in brackets.


 (Light fading up on the performer) can hear her heartbeat for a thousand miles             
And the Heavens open every time she smiles

(POV shot of the letter being opened) And when I come to her that's just where I belong
Yet, I'm running to her like a river strong(Performance, we just see the vocalist)


Se gives me love, love (This could be a Match on Action, girl opens the letter)   
love, love, crazy love
She gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love


(boy sitting watching tv, girl arrives he picks her up - she shows him the uni letter )She gives me love, love, (girl opens letter from uni - seeing reaction)
She's got a fine sense of humor when I'm feeling low down
(performance, panning shot of him or high angle following the camera)
And when I come to her when the sun goes down
(mid shot of couple standing in the living room, television on, showing them living a normal life, match on action)
She takes my troubles all away, 
(the necklace could be put on her at this point, symbolizing the state of their relationship)
 takes away my grief 
Takes away my heartache, in the night like a thief

(More shots of the singer at this point - performance)
 She gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love
(The girl could be packing and see something that reminds her of how life used to be)
She gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love
(back to performance) 
She gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love
(Match on Action of her taking the object with her)
She gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love

Yes, I need her in the daytime 
(They could be sending texts and the issue could be that there is no reply or photo album over shoulder shot)
(performance, sitting on a stool facing the camera) 
Oh, but I need her in the night
Yes, I want to throw my arms around her
And kiss and hug, and kiss and hug her tight

(The girl gets home, in a bad mood, but sees the phone)
And when I'm returning from so far away
(Two shots back to back of them separate but both on their phones)
She gives me some sweet lovin', (receive text 'I miss you', shot from over the shoulder and the phone is put back down) brighten up my day
(She is about to walk out the door)
Yes, it makes me righteous, (performance) it makes me whole
And makes me mellow, down to my soul

She gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love
She gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love
(close up shot that is over the shoulder shot of him looking into her eyes)
She gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love
She gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love
(I need her her love, love, love, love, crazy love)

Crazy love
(Shot of the girl looking up at him)
Crazy love
(They kiss)
Crazy love
(Back to performance with a fade to black to end the video)

No comments:

Post a Comment