Monday 17 October 2011

Research - Comparing Media Texts



 
POV Shot from ‘Halloween’ (1978)
 
On the right, is a famous Point of View shot used in the opening of the famous horror film ‘Halloween’. I chose to use this type of shot in my opening as I think it gives a sense of ambiguity and intrigue to the audience.
In the case of the film ‘Halloween’, it is not even clear as to whose eyes we are looking through, adding to the mystery and making us wonder what the aim of this character is. 

I think that due to the fact that the Point of View shot in my film opening was similar in terms of its lighting and setting, it was able to create the same atmosphere of tension that we expect to be created in films from the horror genre. POV Shot from my film opening (left).elow).



No comments:

Post a Comment