Monday 26 September 2011

Analysis of Two Videos



For my research, I have looked into two different within the same style of music. I have chosen to compare 'My Immortal' by Evanescence and 'Famous Last Words' by My Chemical Romance in order to understand the different shots used, and to consider if I want to use any of these shots in my own video. In looking at the video for 'My Immortal', the music video can be classed as mainly performance, although there are come elements of narrative included it in as well.



In comparison to 'Famous Last Words', where the video is all performance, with no narrative taking place. 'Famous Last Words' shows evidence of the cultural code through its use of costume, lighting and setting, as fans of the that band will recongnise these aspects of the band's previous video 'Welcome to the Black Parade'.

No comments:

Post a Comment